Friday, November 23, 2012

Tsk Tsk Apple

So earlier this week my two and half month old Macbook Pro decided to flip me off, scream fuck you and your couch life, and crash. I was furious, confused, and a little dead inside. My entire life I was told "What happens to PC's doesn't ever happen to Macs, it will be years before it start's show real aging." Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

It was nearly a dream of mine to own a Mac due to it is unmatched in audio engineering and music creation. When it was purchased and I finally sat down to go through it I was ecstatic, it lived up to everything. Then in crashed.

I came home one night and spent hours wondering why it couldn't boot up, it would just freeze on the Apple logo. I gave up, went to sleep and woke up the next day ready to contact Apple support since I had until the end of December before my free phone support ran out.

I was on the phone from 2:00 P.M. until 6:00 P.M. FOUR HOURS. But hey, at least I got it fixed up...right? No. They wanted me to go out a buy a $60 thunderbolt cord, big surprise. I said fuck that and got ahold of my cousin in Columbus and being the computer genius he is got it fixed up for me in twenty four hours with no files, programs, or even unsaved work lost.

But this made me realize the importance of saving, organizing, backing up, and backing up again somewhere else. I may even adopt backing up on a cloud and paying for extra storage. The thought of losing my two most recent songs made me want to vomit but luckily I was saved.

Amazing. Here's to you cuz, and Apple...I lost a little faith that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment